The Fundamental Role of Family Dentistry for Your Oral Health
Family dentistry addresses all your oral health at each phase of life. Children have different dental needs than adults, and qualified family dentists deliver broad oral care from baby teeth to permanent teeth.
Similar to general dentistry, family dentistry is concerned with oral hygiene and the health of teeth. Though, a family dentist emphasizes the unique needs of children of all ages to ensure the development of permanent health teeth.
The family dentistry near you has lots of practices that ensure proper treatment for you and your family dental desires.
What is Family Dentistry?
Family dentistry refers to a dental practice that tackles oral health at all periods of life. Like general dentistry, family dentistry is concerned with oral hygiene and the health of your teeth; they focus more on the unique needs of children of all ages.
They focus on a range of dental services, from the usual regular cleanings, fluoride treatments to more comprehensive processes like orthodontics, treatment of gum diseases, cavity fillings, and so on.
Family dentists understand that all different stages of life require different dental practices and care needs and offer both preventive care and treatments to specific needs. Keeping your teeth and gum healthy is taking good care of your mouth at home. Therefore, educating patients about home hygiene at different stages of life is an important feature of family dentistry.
Benefits of having a family dentistry
Family dentistry is a vital approach to your family. Here are some of the benefits;
- A Dentist for Everyone-It can be stressful and difficult, finding different dentists for different members of your family. You’ll also need to work with different practices for scheduling, billing, and more. With a family dentist, you can take care of all of your dental needs in one place.
- Children have very different dental needs than adults. So, it makes sense to have your children visit a dentist who is aware of these needs and experienced working with children. Unlike a pediatric dentist, who specializes in children, a family dentist cares for oral health at all stages of life.
- This means that you and your children can go to the same dentist or group of dentists. That same practice can also care for your children’s teeth as they grow into adulthood, meaning they will never have to switch dentists.
- By having all of your dental records in one place, it’s easier to keep track of every member of your family’s dental history, thus tracking family records easier.
- Monitoring for issues passed on through genetics. Family dentistry can monitor any dental genetic problems passed from parents to their children as most oral health conditions are genetic.
- With today’s hectic programs, nothing can hinder us from being able to make appointments and offer convenient scheduling. This minimizes the number of trips you need to make to keep your family smiling healthy. We are convenient at all times.
Family Dentistry Services offered in Calgary, AB.
Family dentists perform the same services that adult and pediatric dentists perform. While some family dentists can perform specialized services, many family dentists stick to general family dentistry. With an apt experience, our team at Calgary provides you with the following services:
- Cleanings and Checkups- This helps to remove bacteria, tartar, and plaque that’s hard to remove with a toothbrush or floss.
- Placement of Fillings- We provide fillings that give the teeth structure a natural glow.
- Root Canal Therapy- It is the cleaning/disinfecting and treatment of a tooth that is badly decayed or infected due to bacteria entering the center of the tooth and causing infection. We recommend the therapy to reduce inflammation of the tooth.
- Florida Treatment- It is applied on the surface of the tooth to make it more resistant to decay.
- Oral cancer screening- it helps to prevent abnormal cell growth of tissues inside the mouth as screening detects any early disease, thus early treatment.
- Dental Sealants- It’s a plastic coating applied to teeth to help inhibit teeth cavities. They are fast and comfortable to apply, thus being effective in protecting the teeth for many years.
- Emergency dentistry-unexpected emergencies can happen at any time if you have experienced a sudden dental injury; whether decay or trauma, our emergency dental services can address the issue and alleviate your pain.
Sometimes family dentists will perform cosmetic services as well, such as the placement of dental veneers, dental bonding, and even gum contouring. To see which services a family dentist can provide, consider visiting our family dentists in Calgary.
They are experienced and have extensive knowledge in the pediatric industry; your children and family will find a remarkable treatment and dental care.