How I Went from Yellow Teeth to a Brighter Smile?
There is nothing that radiates happiness and health success like a dazzling white smile. But stained or yellow teeth can make you feel embarrassed or self-conscious about your smile. It also declines your confidence level. Genetics and age can be the two main factors contributing to the issue of yellow teeth.
Getting teeth whitening in SE Calgary
is an excellent method to achieve a radiant appearance. It can provide the best possible results in a few appointments. Also, in-office whitening gel does not damage teeth or enamel. Let us check how chair-side bleaching will help you feel confident about your smile.
What is the Most Effective Teeth Whitening System?
Chairside teeth whitening is the most effective whitening system that amazes you with the immediate outcome. The treatment uses a bleaching solution created using one or more peroxides. The dental professional uses peroxide on the outside of tooth enamel. This bleaching agent breaks up the pigmentation that causes stains and creates whiter teeth.
What to Expect?
The treatment also needs several dental appointments, depending on the unique needs. Typically, the whole appointment will not take more than one hour and a half.
Before performing the procedure, the expert will conduct a proper exam to find the root cause of discoloration. Then, he/she will tell whether the patient is the perfect candidate for teeth bleaching, the pros, and what you can expect. If you have gum disease
, sensitive teeth, or worn-out enamel, the expert will avoid you getting professional teeth whitening.
Here is what you can expect:
- The dentist will use a tooth shade chart to find the teeth’ color.
- Then, he/she uses a pumice tool to eradicate the leftover plaque buildup and polish teeth.
- Before applying the bleaching solution, the dentist near you will add a protective coat over the gums to prevent sensitivity.
- Now, the expert will add a cheek retractor in the mouth to expose all visible teeth.
- The dentist will use a bleaching agent on teeth and leave it for 15 to 30 minutes increments.
- The expert will then cure the bleaching agent using a special light. It generates more powerful results in no time.
- Between gel applications, the dentist will check the teeth to find out how properly the teeth turn white. The expert will also decide whether there is a need to add more bleach agents.
- Now, the dentist will remove the teeth retractor after the final coat of bleaching gel. Then, he/she will wash it.
- Chair-side bleaching alters your natural tooth shade from five to seven shades brighter.
- Finally, you will have a follow-up treatment with a few at-home applications.
For a take-home bleaching tray, the dental expert will create your teeth impression. Compared to the OTC whitening trays, this custom tray will offer you a better whitening outcome. It typically contains a carbamide peroxide gel.
Although take-home trays will not whiten teeth as fast as hydrogen peroxide gel, you are less likely to have sensitivity. Usually, these trays contain carbamide peroxide gel from 10 to 38%. The treatment timing will also differ from wearing a custom tray from 2 to 10 hours a day or up to 28 days.
The best teeth whitening result happens when the teeth’ color matches the color of the eye sclera. If you want to whiten your teeth at a reputed dental office, get in touch with a dentist in SE Calgary AB
Types of in-office Bleaching Treatments
There are several types of chair-side bleaching treatments. These includes:
- A hydrogen peroxide mixed with UV light, halogen light, or LED light. The dentist uses a laser device to apply high-intensity light.
- The professional uses a high concentration of hydrogen peroxide gel on the teeth using a syringe.
Do You Need to Whiten All Your Teeth?
Although a professional teeth whitening procedure is safe for a few stains, it will not work in every case. But in-office treatment will not work on dental bonding, crowns, or veneers. The dentist will tell you the reason behind this.
How to Care After Getting a White Smile?
After one to two days of bleaching, your teeth will become porous. Therefore, it is essential to avoid certain beverages and foods with unique colors. These will include the following but are not limited to:
- Red wine.
- Marinara sauces.
- Dark soda.