Five Things to Consider When Getting Porcelain Veneers in SE Calgary
Do you have strained teeth besides chipped and cracked teeth impacting your smile? Have you tried treatments to correct the appearance of your teeth and smile? We suggest you consider getting porcelain veneers in SE Calgary
to receive a durable solution to hide your dental imperfections from view if you haven’t.
Porcelain dental veneers are delicate shells of porcelain customized to fit over the front surfaces of your top front eight teeth, most visible when you smile. You can choose to have one veneer over an impacted tooth or consider covering all your front teeth with these customizable shells that make your teeth and smile appear different.
Porcelain veneers are also incredibly durable, remaining on your teeth for over two decades with appropriate dental hygiene. Besides helping you change the appearance of your smile or improve the colour and shape of your teeth, these surfaces also help repair alignment, spacing, chipping, and enamel erosion issues. Therefore having them over your front teeth is worth it because they give you a lasting smile over other treatments like teeth whitening and dental bonding.
Before you head to the dental clinic Calgary AB, we suggest you consider the five essential things when getting porcelain veneers over your teeth.
What to Expect When Getting Porcelain Veneers?
When you decide to get porcelain veneers over your teeth, expect to schedule at least three appointments with the dental clinic in Calgary, AB
, to evaluate your teeth and prepare them for these unique surfaces. The procedure for getting porcelain veneers is not the most comfortable and requires tooth enamel removal past the dentin to accommodate the cover.
Initially, you have a preliminary appointment with the clinic to discuss which options are best for your needs and how many veneers you want. Expect the dentist to take x-rays to evaluate your dental health and look for signs of tooth decay or gum disease that make you ineligible for porcelain veneers.
During your second appointment, expect the dentist to give you local anesthesia before removing tooth enamel to achieve an accurate sizing of your surfaces. After tooth enamel removal, the dentist takes impressions for the dental laboratory to create your customized veneers. You receive interim veneers over your teeth until the dental lab returns your permanent surfaces.
In approximately three weeks, you must revisit the dentist to have the porcelain veneers bonded to your teeth. During the final appointment, the dentist starts the procedure by removing the temporary veneers and checking the permanent shells for colour and fit. If everything is acceptable, the dentist bonds the surfaces over your teeth using special dental cement to give you the smile you desire.
Things to Consider When Getting Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain veneers are the most expensive cosmetic dental procedure. The process is not supported by dental insurance companies, and you might have to pay between $ 925-$ 2500 per tooth for these surfaces. It might appear as a considerable sum to enhance the appearance of your teeth to complement your smile. However, you undoubtedly receive a return on investment because the placements make you self-confident with your smile and open up new avenues in your career and life.
- Your teeth do not require special attention after getting porcelain veneers over them to conceal dental imperfections. You can continue following your usual dental hygiene practices by brushing and flossing your teeth as recommended by your dentist and getting cleanings and exams every six months.
- These shells are not invincible but are susceptible to damage if you use your teeth for purposes other than biting and eating. For example, if you are accustomed to crunching ice or opening packages with your teeth, you must refrain from these harmful mouth-related habits because they can chip the porcelain veneer.
- Besides helping restore your smile’s appearance and functionality, porcelain veneers can also help protect your tooth surface by preventing enamel erosion or staining because they are stain-resistant. In addition, it ensures that you won’t have to consider other cosmetic procedures for smile and teeth appearance enhancement for over two decades if cared for appropriately.
- You can wave goodbye to your dental imperfections when you decide to have porcelain veneers over your teeth over alternative remedies also available with providers. For example, you might consider the price of porcelain veneers higher than alternative remedies available at low prices. Unfortunately, alternatives remain over your teeth for merely five to seven years, in contrast to porcelain veneers lasting for over two decades. Therefore when you invest in porcelain veneers, the benefits provided by the surfaces outweigh other considerations.
Now that you understand what you must consider before getting porcelain veneers, we are confident you will schedule your appointment
with Willow Park Dental today to have the shells customized for you without wasting time.