3 DIY Ways to Whiten Your Teeth
Is it that time of the year when you have to be photo ready but you are too shy to let duller teeth be exposed in the photo? With spring break at your doorstep, it is a great time to whiten your teeth and achieve a flawless smile. With very less time on hand to book an appointment and visit the dentist, help yourself with easy ways to whiten your teeth in few minutes.
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), most products available in the market today use carbamide peroxide, some of which ruptures into hydrogen peroxide, which is the main bleaching agent.With the influx of chemicals in the market, it can be really stressful to check which will suit your teeth better.It is always advisable to contact a dentist to get the job done professionally, but there are other teeth whitening options that can be used, like home remedies and DIY teeth whitening processes.
Baking Soda and Lemon Juice Paste
Sodium Bicarbonate, better known as Baking Soda, is certainly not a shocker when it comes to teeth whitening.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Recipe: 2 teaspoons of Baking Soda and sufficient lemon juice with few drops of water to form a paste. Store it in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks for multiple uses.
- Directions to use: Once the paste is created, wet your toothbrush and cover all the bristles with the paste. Gently rub the brush on your teeth for 2 minutes. Rinse the mouth with warm water and make sure no paste is left within. Apply the solution regularly for 2 weeks for better results.
Vinegar is one of the easiest things to find in your grocery store or online.
Strawberry, Baking Soda, and Salt Scrub
- Recipe: There is no particular recipe for this. One needs to just buy a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar from any store nearby.
- Directions to use: Dip your toothbrush in the vinegar and clean your teeth regularly. Unlike other items used to whiten your teeth, vinegar will soothe your taste buds more while cleaning your teeth, making them stain free.
You will require 2-3 large strawberries, a pinch of sea salt and half a spoon of baking soda (optional).
- Recipe: Crush the berries to make a pulp, add a pinch of sea salt and ½ teaspoon of baking soda to create a solution.
- Directions to use: Clean your mouth normally and wipe the extra amount of saliva present in the mouth. Damp your toothbrush with water followed by applying the solution on it, and rub against your teeth gently. Leave it for 4-5 minutes and then clean each tooth properly with the wet brush. Later rinse thoroughly with water. Follow this method twice a week for amazing results.
Keep in mind that there are plenty more DIY solutions for whiter, brighter teeth. For example, banana peels and coconut oil which are equally inexpensive products. But before trying anything, make sure you consult your dentist to learn what will work the best for you.